Attestation of Documents & Legalization
Attestation of Documents
- Attestation of documents such as Power of Attorney, Special Power of Attorney and Authority Letter etc. should be signed by the executants personally in front of the Consular Officer. The executants must have original and photocopies of his/her passport, NICOP or CNIC or Smart Card. Earlier it should be signed by two witnesses.
- Copies of witnesses passports, NICOP or CNIC or Smart Card should be attached with document to be attested.
- Photograph of executant (person giving the power of attorney) must be pasted on the Power of Attorney beside his/her signature. It is better if pictures of witnesses are also pasted.
- For attestation of documents originating in Ireland, attestation by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Dublin is a pre-requisite.
- For attestation of documents originating in Pakistan attestation by Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or its camp offices in Karachi, Lahore, Quetta or Peshawar is a pre-requisite.
- Power of Attorney one person €12
- Power of Attorney two person €22
- Power of Attorney three person €30
- Attestation Fee for Pakistani documents €10 per page
- Attestation Fee for Irish documents €12 per page
NOTE: Please ensure that two photocopies of the document to be attested and the supporting documents i.e. Passport/ NICOP/ CNIC along with that of the witness are also submitted.